Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Trail Ways


 I was a seeker – looked for everything, wanted
stared into the sun, at the moon, your eyes
I held tight to a vision – love – vitality
creativity thrived in me, through you, the universe.
I walked miles up mountains, through canyons long forgotten
cried upon boulders, along rivers – alone
I knew I lost each piece of my broken heart to you.
I dropped my pack along the river shore with great release
I became a feather.


I missed connections along the trail
unavailable to take my call, make the appointment
meet me at the agreed upon location.
That night I dreamt of mountain lions
calling for me in the distance
circling the edges – stalking my body,
rattlesnakes reaching into my bed
I awoke – visions of you again
across the country, the ocean, my bed
eye to eye we giggled
whispered dreams, carved out visions – futures.

Left to my own devices I faltered
never reached you – only reached out
found the nearest trestle, wound my fingers tight
cut short my freedom
anchored me before I drifted
my soul brimmed with love, unclaimed
stretched full, it carried me on the jet stream
as a hawk I soared, circled above
higher than I had ever been
stared upon the backs below
wings billowed - why didn't you call?

No comments:

Post a Comment