Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Darling Boy


No matter what I think of when I dream it is you who floods my mind upon waking
my dear boy, sweet child solitary spirit sometimes locked in a void
what a tremendous task I have been blessed with in being your mother
your life line your nurturer.

I swoon with love and quiver with fear as I watch you grow
now with subtle signs of manhood cresting from the height and weight of your being
I hold you tighter wanting to impart on you every last gift I can
before I release into the world to be a man.

All the while, I know I cannot teach you some of the finest details you need
in your bubble of intellect, confusion and necessity I do not know
who can find the key that unlocks your heart to find you darling boy
the one that I always see.

No comments:

Post a Comment