Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Path of the Least


Ubiquitous dream why do you chase me,
your face finds me in the path of least resistance,
in the darkness I never let my guard down
I know you will be there,
approach my face with violence - screams
found the hole in my armor –
 forced your fingers in, my sting of defeat.


I am causation, blame
I walk along the top of the wire, avoid
the marvelous majesty below
chance brings unknown trouble, strangers,
walk through the world feeling immune
our western survival is avoidance
rival -  keep your eye on the prize
look down.


Prescribe to television
go live, downplay the violence
perpetuated among this chaos
our world crumbles, the animals in strife
whisper to save us, you are unknowable – unseen
My toes, a bloody pulp – yours pristine
I side-step your core of insanity
confounded by your rules, colors bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment