Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Nothing to See


You think you know me because you hear
something in these lines
that makes you think you have an idea of my mind
the workings are not as simple as you might be dear.
I come in layers that unfold in honesty
what you see is a millisecond of my journey
a flash of memory, feeling, pain
does not gain you access into this brain.
I am versed in the ways of my mind
I have traversed walls larger than you in my time
on this planet I am miniscule
but while here I refuse to be a tool
to you or anyone who thinks they can wield with might
a sword, a word, a body, a fool.
You had better hold on tight
my words have weight and meaning that might
air more than grievances with you in delight
I can turn a phrase faster than your eyes blink
even in my sleep I always think twice.


1 comment: