Monday, July 28, 2014

The Deep Blue

I want to wrap my toes around leviathans
let me drag on down to where I cannot swim
ride the currents of dark waves
find other creatures who hide in caves
shine on spectacular while I’m turning blue
shocking the rest who do not have a clue
of the darkness and heavy drama
of living mid-life and being your Momma.
Every day I carry, fear
that I will fuck it up, unclear
my head, my heart, this art
spins with worries that will not part.
My job to you comes first
give you my thirst for knowledge,
figure out how I will pay for college,
your brilliant mind amazes me
and your sassy mouth crazes me
no one else I would want to share
in your eyes who pierce with a stare
seeing all who are standing there
like me your dark edges begin to flare.

No comments:

Post a Comment