Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Speak Brave and True to Hold This Love


My steady rock, I see you work, back bent.
Your investment, your love paid in life hours.
Day to day we wake, we work, we make, dream.
We touch in tender knowing you and me
on this journey. My dear love tender,
true, unending unwavering, thankless.
In your silence, you embrace me in love.
Hold me through my tremors of confusion.
Sweep me off my feet
when bricks of pain threaten to shake me loose of this mortal form.
Dive with me into an ocean of tears
tempt to drown in attempts to save.
Step away when asked
come near by knowing, this vessel, my sound, my smell, my growing.
Speak brave and truth to hold this love
tightly wound and slack for expansion.
Over rivers of tears carried my burden,
lay with me in rivers and lakes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment