Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My Friend


I walked the roughest road
became grounded, weathered by time
removed the past from the surface of my skin
emptied my contents on the river banks,
stayed the high-ground,
felt the suns blaze upon my skin
stripped raw,
polished to a patina.

Sovereign soul friend, I slipped -
hidden in fissures between pages of reality
my passion rapped upon doorways unseen
tumbled down pathways of unknown outcomes
personal joys, personal prisons
flames singed connections
ash created new growth
as clear as the light in your eyes.

What is life if not lived beyond fear
dared notions of love -
you in your restless knowing
your eyes shouted volumes – pushed
upon your lips to tell with certainty
the challenge of what it means to be
human, faulted to perfection
glorious, tender, wise,
within and without direction.

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment