Tuesday, February 17, 2015

I Woke Up Like This


Do I consume your mind the way you do mine,
last star you see on the horizon
first light to resurface at the break of dawn,
my name hidden inside you, as you are in me
created in a spell of fruition,
reality before you that you cannot give permission?

I kept you hidden for years
denied your existence, a residency of my heart
pretended insignificance, an already wasted last chance
closed my eyes to keep you from the surface
you fed my dreams in a love revolution of resistance,
subtle hope created waves.

Transcendent in significance, infinite,
took me a lifetime to discover there is no end,
nor a resolution that may fit within the confines,
flesh barely contained spirit, how do you expand
greater than the two, paramount gift of life,
separate and entwined, heart and body, you and I, divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment