Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Opalescent Cord


Threaded spells cast between us
an intoxication teetered on the edge
hung over the verge of the abyss,
this mystery, I glimpsed – carried, weighted
until the next time.

Silence stings in mid-air, arrests time
slid between glances, soft words, lips curled
you smile, a line divination, drawn out
a future to never appear
as long as it takes forever.

You stayed behind your wall, I saw
you threw me a line,
we had no need for doors
you wore your heart upon your sleeve,
masked as art, turned over
you let me see you bleed,
just enough - a fix, my elixir, a sliver of you.

I climbed into you, with pain
found you in my heart with love,
who called to whom in this mystery,
threaded shimmer – opalescent cord
connected energy heavy between us
my heart tremored.

No comments:

Post a Comment