Monday, March 2, 2015

Solace


Moment by moment my core cracks
canyons built by torrents of saline - deepen
slice, pull the sediment, loosen the top soil
splintering veneer thinned membrane
no stopping the rush and fill, unfound truth
left – brick by brick tumbles
stacked thick as flanks that have seen life
spread
thin.

Will you witness glacier changes
cliff sides fallen, sullen, into the sea
dissipating into dark waters, lifeless, ice blue
blackened veins, in vain shadows, and lost
left to crawl upon foreign shores
eyes clouded by murk, mired by absent affection
blind to prospect -
suppressed?

May I find you in the darkest hour,
cradle in solace on the crags and splinters remaining
take root amidst the rubble, create nutrients
erase the famine of my heart,
conjure a world to place my feet upon,
each breath returning life,
may I bring a tempest to your gentle moors,
reflect in you
hope?







1 comment: