Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Holding Pattern


Gloria in the highest I have risen again
given core and cognizance to soul -
I am my own best friend,
I climbed out of the darkest hour,
prepared the feast for my final bow -
ages and ages from now
in some quiet corner
I will turn
crooks rounded, smoothed by use
warn down, but not out.
My voice will be soft
the stretch of my skin
will be akin to silken roads,
dust ground to a fine grit,
crevices large enough
to set fingers over and in.
I will reflect a life lived, impatient -
serenity is only one end,
identify love, hold her space
reflect grace, a past whispered
without degradation before you
a history unfolds, time to grow
turn the soil
fear not this experiment in your soul
until dirt to dirt there is no end,
no need to defend choices,
I mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment