Monday, April 21, 2014

Electric Cage


I played with fire,
dipped my toes into a lava bed of licentious thought
hair fell over my shoulders to hide the blush of want,
the crowned glory - desire took hold
I sang into the night, skin aflame with fervent dew.

If the night brought but one dream
I willed it to be your velvet touch across my skin
from nape to thighs, I unfolded for you in layers
hard and soft, hard and soft
my blouse fell from shoulders in anticipation
mouth on skin, lips smoothed by use.

My pulse rose in my ears
consumed by the hum of breath, quickened,
paced rhythm matched with yours,
tidal wave of heat rushed and dug-in
under the surface
hands formed the currents
it passed through me into the hurried molten moment.

Desire needed no relief in rushed torment,
for it grew into the night, awakened me
each dawn I fell back into darkness,
if I should ever gain relief,
respite from the electric cage,
I may shatter before ever being touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment