Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Adult I


The mask is complete, firmly sealed at all the edges,
never did I learn the timing of life.
I will die and not be known, by you or any other.
I shouted from the roof tops for my spirit to be free,
to mingle through my body with yours
anyone pouring through me, and I a sieve, a filter
of the good stuff, the juice, the marrow
the dark of life birthing from within my heart to yours
sparks ignite the flame fierce and glowing embers
melt and blur the edges of my heart, my story my life.

Drowning now and no one sees
anything but the mask, honesty in vein if all truth is
kept inside against the pain of rejection
fear the bindings that tighten, blood creases blend
ropes tighten, mask complete, now rocks
to sink to the bottom, silent and serene.



No comments:

Post a Comment