Monday, April 14, 2014

Before the Dawn

I craved
rings pressed in the space of your fingers -
flesh filled gaps
raised heart beats,
my eyes widened, darted,
I looked away
pretended I was blind -
your smell rendered the certainty of flesh
both saline and sweet.

Your hands reached up slowly,
in my mind I traced the shapes
as you tugged at the nape of your hair -
other hand hid a secret,
pants taut across thighs
your belt dug at the waist,
polished emblem pressed against your stomach.

You stood and I shifted
adjusted my dress,
apparent in my craving -
my toes stretched
hoped for a connection -
I hastily tucked knees to chest,
retracted, hoped to hide.

I looked for reasons to stay
ignored the morning birds’ call
I wanted to be bracelets
imagined I hugged the delicacy of your wrist,
where palms met black vinyl
played one more side -
my eyes closed, briefly
smell elucidated the knowledge of flesh so close.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment