Friday, April 4, 2014

Wild Abandonment

The sun shining is of no consequence

Heart beats, all I can think of is you since

Our late night flitted conversation by fingers

The possibility of touching you lingers

On my mind all the time, I’m waiting for the moment.

Having to pretend, when can I tell you the torment?

To speak of this flirtation is to be damned.

The only one, I know you will understand,

The yearning and search to be free or to be more,

One foot in the room and one foot out the door.

Our power house lovers do what they want

With no consequence of feelings, they flaunt,

Their loves with indifference and emotional distance.

Music, art or men it doesn’t make a difference.

My heart rate raises when I see you,

Struggles to wake-up, transcend, anew.


Torment, is hearing your voice say my name.

I no longer tell, is it real or game?

Has my mind created this to soften the blow?

When love changes from hearts to hands how do you know?

Confused, I want to kiss or talk your ear off.

I am shy and awkward worried you will scoff

At the questions I want to ask you in advance.

Is this thing real? Would you be patient in this dance?

Our eyes continue to see what we cannot say

Now friend, what is the proper time to stay away?

This would not be the first time I was a fool

I’m dropping my façade, I quit playing cool.

We kept going with a hint of blush in your cheek.

Our eyes met, my words soft, your hands fumbled, both meek.

What do I say to keep the conversation going?

My heart still flutters, wishing, dreaming without knowing.










No comments:

Post a Comment