Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My Peter Pan, My Wanderer, My Geek


One day you will wake-up and see that I have peaked,
what you thought of as strength was just my bravado masking my meek.
You are a giant among men, you are solid in your heart and truth,
I never meant to hurt you, these words are my proof.
I loved you as my Peter Pan, my wanderer, my geek,
now you are on your own path, no longer your life bleak.
No mere man can compare to the glory beam that is your heart,
Your child like wonder, spontaneity, a start of who you will one day be,
I see it now, as well as then, for this love I took my vow to you my friend.
I promised to never veer or peer at another, to hold you as my lover and not just a brother
in arms, I crave your billowing strength, yet scorn and hide from your repeated mistakes
to pull away and deny all that I am, means to me I am not enough, which is a slam
to my ego and self, I want to be your only divine, the look of a diamond in your eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment