Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Coy


Long glance, short stare through long side parted hair
from under brow, eyes appear, look my way disappear
through subtle flits of darts and dashes
looking through mirrored dark glasses,
play it cool, stand afar, pretending you don’t adore
or wonder if what you read is the truth within my head
do my words match the seams of my dress, my body, my bed?

Mysteries may unfold, are my words responding to yours?
A new tune, thought, picture led and fed into fire, this souls spoils
silence speaks volumes, louder than bombs or words, more truth
less than shy, more than a friend, only ever seen as an acquaintance.

Gravitate towards the mystery. Be drawn into the machine
one more on the tight rope, to dangle off with little hope
of ever knowing what might have been, step on down to feel the heat
pretend you’re watching just my feet. I will be looking for the strings
that tangle up your coils and things that catch in your throat, midair
leads to nothing more than a stare.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment