Sunday, June 29, 2014

My Body



My Body is a power house of awesome,
surviving shame, I broke down the door of destiny
came across the threshold of history
burst forth into this world.
My body carried me through ghettos,
across mountains tops
scrubbed raw, shown brown
through water and sun
kissed, darkened to supple leather
never the darkness to part,
I became a vessel of splendor
ecstasy discovered through folds of darkness
braced by limbs of strength, flesh sweet
poured upon pillows, floorboards, hills.
My body is a channel of desire
liquid, raw - I danced before all
existent, climbed, burgeoned
girl to woman, night until dawn.
Robust - ready for the journey
travelled upon roads with tears but not stopped
thumbs out, hair ablaze, I walked
innocuous in gifts of wisdom
I grew a universe inside me
flooded the world anew with energy
burst forth with blood vitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment