Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Stardust Kisses with Vehement Kindness


The words bite down upon my tongue.
They hold me still to keep from pouring forth
upon my chin,
to find my sleeves
rolling across my hand to place upon your cheek,
visions which cannot be.
In another life with you,
I would run to any corner of sunlight
plant roots of freedom,
grow my soul full of nourishment
love, a bounty of joy.
Ten years ago, who would know
of a boy growing into a man
as I sat holding babe to breast
already my heart heavy in desperate protest,
pinned upon my skin.
A tag of remorse, found in lost discourse,
projected in shadows thrown
a universe never known
explode into my soul,
stardust kisses with vehement kindness.
Lay me down upon the ground
release from me the moan,
love like lava,
of a woman who has known
burns with gouged paths in her wake.
Consuming all, she takes.
Destroyed to the barest elements
kisses make land to harbor where once
there was only sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment