Friday, April 8, 2016

On A Wire


I hate you for what you’ve done to my heart
I hate you for your love, tricked fresh start,
before this day I was fine all alone
proud of empty cage behind breastbone,
solid in my belief, vacant heart tomb
stoking fires, tightening my flume
sealed tight behind brick and mortar,
content sideline supporter
with just enough room for a few
sitting alone, never expected anything new.
I never anticipated affection to happen
fine to keep vigil, in darkness dampen
no expectation of damage,
believing in my adage,
love is for fools
coupling for tools
unable to stand on their own.
Now my brain is dosed
my veins are exposed
raw and pulsing red
craving more, wishing I were dead
wanting to run, filled with lead
a blank slate with absent fate
alarmed it’s too late
to turn and back away
terrified to leave, petrified to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment