Wednesday, August 5, 2015

of Blood and Marrow

I plunge, heart encased in hands, thrust forward in motions that scream
“take me” to life, to death, to all the mess that hangs off me like the murk of dark waters
waiting to arrest my soul without anyone knowing the fear that binds me to the earth,
a being ensconced, veins and guts showing traces of filth. Run your lines through me,
slice along my seams, smell the stink, feel the steam, the last moments of life stripped clean
of blood and marrow, my heart races, tongues-tie deep inside, your eyes meet with mine,
we no longer hide. I remember the moment we tried, halfhearted succumbing, almost fading
into oblivion – a litany of unending one-sided conversations, death is not the end.
Your eyes like mine, living the in-between life, lost in a sea of mediocrity, suspended,
scanning the horizon for hands – pull hearts from sludge, blackened burned glow, collide.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment