Saturday, August 1, 2015

Fingers Needle Medulla


This one is for you, for every long glance wondering who,
for every moonlit walk, your sudden stare,
for every time you turned and found me there
knees pressed under tables,
elbows in familial dance,
waiting, for you to feel brave
filled with enough electricity to finally propel
fingers to find me, guide my hands to your cheeks
eyes fearless enough to connect.
Filled my heart with tender dreams, peaceful schemes
lunar magic breezes across bare legs and I
wanted to fall into clouds of music
soft light magic, I called
opened my eyes, you closed the door.
Magical friend of intense motionless muddle
held in my pocket of ecstatic dreams
I stretched the fabric to show the seams
fragile threads I can never replace
I hoped with some small miracle
to retrace, my fingers needle medulla,
the ink of you seeped into me
threaded, sleep took me
alone upon your bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment