Saturday, January 31, 2015

Poisoned With Rational


There was a moment, I was a wave
rolling straight towards you,
but I waited, hesitated, like I always do
I over thought it, let too much out
I lose myself between dreams and reality
I stop myself, passion pushed back with walls
built over a lifetime of agony.

Imagine a moment of pure bliss
a lost night allowed.
Liquid, smoky edges, soul soft eyes
gentle hand in the dark
laid out, perfectly selected
put the needle on the record
play me like a new tune.

The change always come too soon
before I am ready I slip straight back,
if you are looking, you will find me
once again in the dark, tossing my mind
my body slipping on the floor
hands trembling, reaching for the door
locks rusted, smell of blood
leaving imprints along my fingerprints.
I pull back, poisoned with rational.

No comments:

Post a Comment