Saturday, January 31, 2015

Disciples of Eve II

My body is my temple until man wants to step inside
then I, like all women, am left screaming
while all the suits decide
if I am human enough to choose for myself -
where to place my own hide -
if I am decent enough to preen by your side,
heaven help the child of man if I were to
rise up with my sisters, destroy humanity -
take down all your ivory towers
fallacies to your phalluses, all tucked inside.
Listen while I tell you a story of womankind -
if you didn’t chain us down, burn our bodies to the ground
strap our feet while you rape our fate, keep us late
burden our minds while turning us out
shout - teach us we know little,
shove your ideas down our throat like spittle
hung above us off the end of your tongue,
while we grow life inside us -
you who try to break our spirit and bind us
to your rules that never applied to us.
We would rise above this, we already do.
Let me take you back to the garden of delight
tell you about the first fight -
our goddess Eve came down from the sky
looked around this pitiful dive
decided she could improve this life
offered Adam to take a bite of the universe
told him to take a turn at this,
holding life in your body, transcend.
All he did was pretend
he was more than some chimpanzee
held her to the earth until his truth came to be
pretending he created,
acted as if his cock was elated
took away our power, our belief in ourselves
protection from things that go bump in the night.
Eve split - atom by atom
until all that was left was silicone and thigh gap
eating disorders and baby momma traps
but her disciples regrouped – formed a secret troop,
complete with handshakes and eye signals
nods of the head to identify disciples.
Created our homes into temples.
We are not trapped in the game -
leaving the loves of life estranged
everybody acting insane, attacking in vain
using up one another until we feel no pain
cannot even speak peace, verbiage lacking.
I see your heart, it’s my gift to open up
see life – it doesn’t have to be this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment