Thursday, December 25, 2014

Remedy


I use to feel like you
all coal ash and bitterroot
deflowered fruit, no joy
found the festive gross
walked alone, morose
fattened on my own
I know your verse.

To reach beyond dark edges
the light beyond, past the “if”
I chose to stay I choose to play,
my child’s eyes shining
simple wishes within my reach
lessons I can learn and teach
give into and grow.

Give back to the debt I owe
of joy, love, tender sugar
powder my lips, blushed
blood rushing in the heat of my chest
pushes light inward
cellular joy, modest pleasures
an oasis in my desert.

It is hope I tend in my garden
a reason to go on
invest in possibilities
never give up on love as a utility
it is within me, my ability
to nestle and trust is a must
if we are ever to remedy this curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment