Saturday, August 23, 2014

To Fly to Swim


Wrap me in the folds of your wing
lift me up, let me bleed
I will try my best to say what I mean
let my words be muffled by your chest
try your best to listen.
No one mentioned the work to be done
to keep our love aloft
far from drifting on an open sea
be a narrow channel of water, wash over me
caress my mind with tranquility
catch my hand if I dangle my feet
on the precipice of a dark dream.

I in turn will be your safe place
a universal life giver
I will try my best to never waiver
speak with love fight the urge
to shove you away with screaming silence
manifest nests of bitterness in my head
conjure unruly spirits in our bed.
Bring me closer to your dream
trust what might seem like indifference
as my mind and heart connecting to your vision
deliver me upon your life’s door
and I to you will do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment