Monday, August 11, 2014

Intimacy and Clarification


You didn’t say I love you
and I was sent reeling back to before
when you would cut me off from love
pull me off like I were a glove
something to discard.
Is it once again too hard to let me in
would it be something akin to a win?
I wish I was the one who held the power
the ability to stand above you in my tower
absolute in determination
lock you out safe from contamination
of emotion, intimacy and clarification
of what my heart contains
but I never could.
Since that night long ago in the woods
our bodies glistened in the moonlight
after our ice-cold flight into
pristine rivers
I held you with all my heart.
You held me afar
testing your bodies will to desire
allowing closeness enough to admire
a fool who would jump naked
into a pool of clarity and confusion just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment