Monday, November 17, 2014

A Gift and A Curse


A gift and a curse I see each flicker of eye lash
each dart of vision, twitch of fingers
and look boy listen, I am not a game to be toyed with
something to tease on a whim, I am a full-fledged woman
who sees your game as it begins.
I have been down a road or two and unlike you,
I reflect on where I have come and when it is all done
I will not make the same mistake twice.

When I see you on the street I may make nice,
but that does not mean I forgive or forget
when all is said and done what did you really get
a twist of your hand and wrist to resist
ever having to look in the eyes and kiss
a woman who might expect for you
to step back and reflect,
a moment by moment tool
caught in your own demise, fool.

I wish for you peace and freedom
to look at your pain and begin
to decipher what manifests in your life
to realize you create your own strife
of broken hearts and lonely beds
of anger and choices to defend
your darting eyes as you pretend
that girl is not your unrequited love,
but your friend.

I will go on, I always do
dust myself off, take a moment or two
walk on down the road to greener views
appreciate having known you
for no relationship is a mistake
this one was a momentary escape
from life’s heavy burdens
sometimes it’s easier to pull back the curtain,
hide from the light, stand on the cliff
imagine the flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment