Saturday, March 29, 2014

Love For Granite



I never meant to be your next lifetime dream –
elder, unflinching fragmented from the seam of memories and dreams,
stitched from youth threaded into death, wiser to my follies
my heart grew cold, caught between fingers – I knew you, I forgot
Golden eyed sunbeam, you are blessed and blasphemy
I am aloft in the mean – somewhere between
I balanced dreams and reality upon my shoulders.
As soon as your eyes met mine, the dark in the night fled
we were no longer alone in the world – I shared with others, same as you.
The idea of love occupied us in the spotlight with shadow fantasies lurking,
I was denied light, see.
Murmurs over dark nights, alone – I questioned what floated between us –
boulders - granite anchored and sunk the energy,
like Badu – it felt so damn good to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment